5G!Drones papers and publications in journals, conferences, workshops, book chapters, white papers and contributions to 5G-PPP publications are presented in detail on the following sections.
Papers in Journals
- G. P. Wijesiri N.B.A, J. Haapola and T. Samarasinghe, The Effect of Concurrent Multi-priority Data Streams on the MAC Layer Performance of IEEE 802.11p and C-V2X Mode 4, in IEEE Transactions on Communications, 13 Oct 2021 – DOI: 10.1109/TCOMM.2021.3119703 (PDF)
- Sihem Bakri, Pantelis A. Frangoudis, Adlen Ksentiniand Maha Bouaziz, Data-Driven RAN Slicing Mechanisms for 5G and Beyond, IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management journal, 1-15 pages, Online ISSN: 1932-4537 (https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9490293) – DOI 10.1109/TNSM.2021.3098193 (PDF)
- Harilaos Koumaras, George Makropoulos, Michael Batistatos, Stavros Kolometsos, Anastasios Gogos, George Xilouris, Athanasios Sarlas and Michail‐Alexandros Kourtis, 5G-Enabled UAVs with Command and Control Software Component at the Edge for Supporting Energy Efficient Opportunistic Networks, MDPI, Special Issue 5G Enabled Energy Innovation, Energies 2021, 14, 1480 (https://www.mdpi.com/1996-1073/14/5/1480/pdf) – DOI: 10.3390/en14051480
- Samir Si-Mohammed, Maha Bouaziz, Hamed Hellaoui, Oussama Bekkouche, Adlen Ksentini, Tarik Taleb, Lechosław Tomaszewski, Thomas Lutz, Gokul Srinivasan, Tanel Jarvet and Pawel Montowtt, Supporting UAV Services in 5G Networks: New High-Level Architecture integrating 5G with U-space, IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/MVT.2020.3036374
- H. Hellaoui, M. Bagaa, A. Chelli, and T. Taleb, Joint Sub-carrier and Power Allocation for Efficient Communication of Cellular UAVs, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Sept 2020 (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/TWC.2020.3021252
- T. Taleb, A. Ksentini, H. Hellaoui, and O. Bekkouche, On Supporting UAV based Services in 5G and Beyond Mobile Systems, IEEE Network Magazine (PDF) – DOI: (Under Publication)
- Adlen Ksentini and Pantelis A. Frangoudis, On extending ETSI MEC to support LoRa for efficient IoT application deployment at the edge, IEEE Communications Standards Magazine, Volume 4, Issue 2, pages 57-63 (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/MCOMSTD.001.1900051
- B. Yang, T. Taleb, Z. Wu, and L. Ma, Spectrum Sharing for Secrecy Performance Enhancement in D2D-Enabled UAV Networks, IEEE Network Magazine, pages 1-8 (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/MNET.011.2000093
- Oussama Bekkouche, Konstantinos Samdanisz, Miloud Bagaa, Tarik Taleb, A Service-Based Architecture for enabling UAV enhanced Network Services, IEEE Network Magazine, Volume 34, Issue 4, pages 328-335 (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/MNET.001.1900556
- Bouziane Brik, Adlen Ksentini and Maha Bouaziz, Federated Learning for UAVs-Enabled Wireless Networks: Use Cases, Challenges and Open Problems, IEEE Access Journal, Vol.8 Issue 1 (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.2981430
- Adlen Ksentini and Pantelis A. Frangoudis, Towards Slicing-Enabled Multi-Access Edge Computing in 5G, IEEE Network Magazine, Volume 34, Issue 2, pages 99-105 (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/MNET.001.1900261
- Mariem Maiouak and Tarik Taleb, Dynamic Maps for Automated Driving and UAV Geofencing, IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine 2019, Volume 26, Issue 4, pages 54-59 (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/MWC.2019.1800544
Papers in Conferences and Workshops
- Panos Matzakos, Harilaos Koumaras, Dimitris Tsolkas, Maria Christopoulou, George K Xilouris and Florian Kaltenberger, “An open source 5G experimentation testbed“, IEEE MeditCom 2021 (International Mediterranean Conference on Communications and Networking), 7-10 September 2021, Athens, Greece. https://meditcom2021.ieee-meditcom.org/program/demos/ – (PDF) – DOI: pending
- Georgios Makropoulos, Harilaos Koumaras, Stavros Kolometsos, Anastasios Gogos, Thanos Sarlas, Tanel Järvet, Gokul Srinivasan and Fotini Setaki, “Field Trial of UAV flight with Communication and Control through 5G cellular network“, IEEE MeditCom 2021 (International Mediterranean Conference on Communications and Networking), 7-10 September 2021, Athens, Greece. https://meditcom2021.ieee-meditcom.org/program/sessions/ – (PDF) – DOI: pending
- Dimitrios Fragkos, Georgios Makropoulos, Panteleimon Sarantos, Harilaos Koumaras, Anastasios-Stavros Charismiadis and Dimitris Tsolkas, “5G Vertical Application Enablers Implementation Challenges and Perspectives“, IEEE MeditCom 2021 (International Mediterranean Conference on Communications and Networking), 7-10 September 2021, Athens, Greece. https://meditcom2021.ieee-meditcom.org/program/special-sessions/ – (PDF) – DOI: pending
- A. Abada, B. Yang and T. Taleb, Traffic Flow Modeling for UAV-Enabled Wireless Networks, 2020 International Conference on Networking and Network Applications (NaNA), Haikou City, China, 2020, pp. 59-64. (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/NaNA51271.2020.00018
- Samir Si-Mohammed1, Adlen Ksentini1, Maha Bouaziz1, Yacine Challal, and Amar Balla, UAV mission optimization in 5G: On reducing MEC service relocation, in IEEE Globecom’20, Taipei, Taiwan, Dec. 2020. (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/GLOBECOM42002.2020.9322304
- Y. Dang, C. Benzaid, Y. Shen, and T. Taleb, GPS Spoofing Detector with Adaptive Trustable Residence Area for Cellular based-UAVs, in IEEE Globecom’20, Taipei, Taiwan, Dec. 2020. (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/GLOBECOM42002.2020.9348030
- Lechosław Tomaszewski, Robert Kołakowski, Sławomir Kuklinski, Integration of U-space and 5GS for UAV services, IFIP Networking 2020 Conference (virtual) – Workshop on Network Slicing 2020, Paris, France, June 22-25 2020 (PDF) – Electronic ISBN: 978-3-903176-28-7
- S. Ouahouah, J. Prados, T. Taleb, and C. Benzaid, Energy-aware Collision Avoidance stochastic Optimizer for a UAVs set, IEEE IWCMC, Limassol, Cyprus, 15-19 June 2020 (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/IWCMC48107.2020.9148495
- H. Hellaoui, A. Chelli, M. Bagaa, and T. Taleb, UAV Communication Strategies in the Next Generation of Mobile Networks, IEEE IWCMC, Limassol, Cyprus, 15-19 June 2020 (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/IWCMC48107.2020.9148312
- Sławomir Kuklinski, Lechosław Tomaszewski, Paweł Korzecy and Robert Kołakowski, 5G-UASP: 5G-based multi-provider UAV platform architecture, IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization, 29 June – 3 July 2020 (Virtual Conference) (PDF) – Corpus ID: 220040698
- Lechosław Tomaszewski, Robert Kołakowski and Paweł Korzec, On 5G support of cross-border UAV operations, Workshop on Integrating UAVs into 5G and Beyond in IEEE International Conference on Communications, 7-11 June 2020 (Virtual Conference) (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/ICCWorkshops49005.2020.9145262
- Lechosław Tomaszewski, Sławomir Kuklinski and Robert Kołakowski, A new approach to 5G and MEC integration, 5th Workshop on “5G – Putting Intelligence to the Network Edge” (5G-PINE 2020) in AIAI 2020, 16th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations, 5–7 June, 2020 (Virtual Conference) (PDF). Reference link here
- Oussama Bekkouche, Miloud Bagaa and Tarik Taleb, Toward a UTM-based Service Orchestration for UAVs in MEC-NFV Environment, 2019 IEEE Global Communications Conference (IEEE GLOBECOM 2019), Hawaii, USA, 9 -13 December 2019 (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/GLOBECOM38437.2019.9014200
- Hamed Hellaoui, Ali Chelli, Miloud Bagaa and Tarik Taleb, Efficient Steering Mechanism for Mobile Network-enabled UAVs, 2019 IEEE Global Communications Conference (IEEE GLOBECOM 2019), Hawaii, USA, 9 -13 December 2019 (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/GLOBECOM38437.2019.9014131
- Sihem Bakri, Pantelis A. Frangoudis and Adlen Ksentini, Dynamic slicing of RAN resources for heterogeneous coexisting 5G services, 2019 IEEE Global Communications Conference (IEEE GLOBECOM 2019), Hawaii, USA, 9 -13 December 2019 (PDF) – DOI: 10.1109/GLOBECOM38437.2019.9013954
5G-PPP Publications, White Papers and Other Publications
- 5G-PPP and TΜV WG white paper, Understanding the Numbers-Contextualization and Impact Factors of 5G Performance Results, July 2021. You may access it here
- White paper Controlling drones over cellular networks by Nokia (5G!Drones partner), referencing 5G!Drones “D1.1 – Use case specifications and requirements”, June 2021. More information available here
- 5G-PPP Phase 3 Projects Brochure, June 2021. You may access it here
- 5G-PPP white paper European Vision for the 6G Network Ecosystem, June 2021. You may access it here
- 5G-PPP The European 5G Annual Journal 2021, May 2021. You may access it here
- Service performance measurement methods over 5G experimental networks, 5G-PPP White paper – ICT-19 performance KPIs, May 2021. You may access it here
- AI and ML – Enablers for Beyond 5G Networks, 5G-PPP Technology Board, 11 May 2021. You may access it here.
- Interface for Data Exchange between MNOs and the UTM Ecosystem NetworkCoverage Service Definition, ACJA, GSMA and GUTMA approved version (Feb 2021). You may access it here.
- 5G PPP Progress Monitoring Report (2019 release), Oct 2020, 5G-PPP. You may access it here.
- Empowering Vertical Industries through 5G Networks – Current Status and Future Trends, 5G-PPP, 21 5G-PPP Phase II and Phase III R&I projects and the 5G-IA verticals engagement task force, August 2020. You may access it here.
- The 5G-PPP Projects Heritage figure (Version 1.0), 5G-PPP and 5G IA, July 2020. You may access it here.
- The European 5G Annual Journal 2020, 5th edition, Full 5G and 5G-PPP, June 2020. You may access it here.
- Business Validation in 5G PPP vertical use cases, 5G-PPP and 5G IA, July 2020. You may access it here.
- Georgios Makropoulos, Harilaos Koumaras, Fotini Setaki, Konstantinos Filis, Thomas Lutz, Pawel Montowtt, Lechoslaw Tomaszewski, Piotr Dybiec, Tanel Järvet, “5G and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) Use Cases: Analysis of the Ecosystem, Architecture, and Applications” Handbook of Research on 5G Networks and Advancements in Computing, Electronics, and Electrical Engineering, IGI Global, 2021, pp. 36-69, Chapter 3, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-7998-6992-4, https://www.igi-global.com/book/handbook-research-networks-advancements-computing/259590
- Jyrkkä Johannes, Drone heading calculation indoors, University of Oulu, Faculty of Technology, Mechanical Engineering, 15 October 2020. You may access it here.
- Prashant Shah, Enabling seamless application migration over multi-core network environments, University of Oulu, Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, 26 June 2020.